Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Off the plateau!

Finally, after weeks of frustration and cursing, I lost more than a fraction of a pound. Hallelujah!
I'm down 10 pounds now, according to my scale, and I am psyched. Others are noticing the change and so are my pants, which keep having to be hitched up.
I haven't been exercising as much as I should, but I did discover the most excellent mini-workout! There is a tape called the 10 minute workout, and it's Pilates in short spans that can target a different part of your body. You can string them together, but if you're like me, you have about 2 minutes to yourself, so 10 minutes is better than nothing. Plus, if you're out of shape, those ten minutes are all it takes to be super sore the next day.
The 100 calorie pack snacks have also been a lifesaver, because I have a habit of sticking food in my mouth while working and not thinking about what it is. The most delicious ones are the Hostess muffins and cupcakes. I can still get the sweet chocolatey taste of a cupcake without the guilt.
That's really about all ... I weigh in today, so hopefully the minor slip this weekend of blueberry pancakes won't show up!

No comments: